Friday 15 April 2011

Guilty as charged!

So I was trying to think of something interesting to blog, I want to keep this thing ticking over. Then I thought about my 'guilty pleasures'..everyone has them............right?  Whether it's something on television, eating habits, weird fetishes or songs you like when you shouldn't. most people these days are sucked into these shit programs on TV. The following shows in my (humble although superior) opinion are SHIT: Eastenders, Britain's got (no) Talent, X factor, any of those dancing programs, Hollyoaks, The Only way is Essex, anything with Jordan in it, most things on ITV 2 and any form of reality show. I admit to laughing till my sides hurt watching the 'actors' in Hollyoaks, but real talk, soaps do nothing for me at all.

Most of my family watch these shows which annoys me but it's cool, each to their own innit?! I like my sports, news, documentaries, movies; that's me ALL day long. But what I've noticed recently is that I've been sucked back into a show that I shouldn't watch. But I keep on watching. What is wrong with me?!?

I'm ready to admit that I still watch wrestling. Big ol' man like man like me and I still watch it! I know the results are predetermined but I can't help it. It's like class A's to a junkie I need my fix! Don't get it twisted..I don't get the pay-per-views or anything like that..but I try and watch Raw when I can. Maybe it's because The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin came back...I dunno what it is. The characters aren't even as good as they were back in the late 90's! That's when I used to watch it all the time but I lost interest when I discovered raves and girls when I was in college (lol). But still, should I be worried about my wrestling fetish on the weekends? If I get in a ruckus will I start doing suplexes, figure four leg locks and tombstones to gain an advantage? I'd love to but I'd probably hurt myself more than my them hahaha! Most guys still watch it but they just don't admit to it. I know that most started watching UFC/boxing when the chair shots to the head were banned and the PG rating came in. But as soon as a pay-per-view comes on everyone watches trust! 
WWE  seems to be improving, John Cena vs The Rock at Wrestlemania 28 will keep me interested for the next few months at least. The Miz has good mic skills, new signings to the roster, Sin Cara and Alberto Del Rio are good in the ring. Sure some of the legends are retiring and getting older but that's life...I think there are signs of it returning to it's late 90's pomp. Only time will tell. 



So there you have it, I still watch wrestling. I feel less ashamed now that I've blogged about it. That's my own guilty pleasure. You can judge me all you want, that's the only blot on my television viewing, everything else stimulates the mind...Honest!  I think I'll sign off with some 'sweet chin music' courtesy of Shawn Michaels on Triple H at the Royal Rumble.  Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment